Monday, December 7, 2009

Finished Editing!

I am now done, done and done. I added a million dynamic markings, pedal markings, ritardandos, a tempos, slurs, tenutos etc.. I'm sure it would have been helpful for the performers to have had a copy like this at the concert. Sadly I was still mulling over and agonizing over little details so a lot of their performance indications were just given verbally. Now I hope to have little ambiguity in my score. I was very specific about when to change tempo and dynamic but the speed at which the performer grows or falls back can be free. It is not long before another indication appears so the liberties that can be taken are limited. I also provided a lot of places for performers to breathe, re-group and take said liberties...within reason.
It's really exciting to have another composition finished and very close to getting bound. Although, I think it might be a good idea to show it to a singer before I do to double check if a couple markings make sense or are placed in the right spot in the score.


No comments:

Post a Comment