Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Concert time!

I also just want to write a quick word about the concert. Everybody sounded really great and seeing all the ideas well prepared and presented was awesome!

Besides it being great to see the pieces come to life, I know for my piece it also pointed out some parts that needed clarification in the score for the performers to be able to learn it. It helped point out some accidentals or rhythms that would be more easily read in a different way. Also, because my piece was quite disjointed in some ways, the transitions were particularly difficult to stay together on. When they were done in time, I then discovered that I did not like them quite as much. Practically the entire piece is meant to feel quite free and breathy so I ended up adding about 3 fermatas in places and allowed for either the clarinet part or voice part to breathe and start again. I think it worked well in performance!

Thanks again Mary-Beth and Emily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment