Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lindseyw 3100 Blog 1

I have now drastically changed my chords, my last is now the first and vice versa. The majority in the middle are still there (though in a different order) with maybe 3 completely new chords. One completely new chord was "found" by reading the chord which was written in the bass clef as if it was in treble, and I really like how it resolved the chord before it. I then kept looking for chords that not only sounded good/ interesting on their own but that had some connection to the chords around it. I took most of my chords down to the same register and in rearranging some chords the first 4 gravitated towards each other, possibly because the bass moves down in whole tones. I double checked that there was no tonal sounding chords or progression and i think it helps build tension for 5-9 which is the high tension part of my progression. Overall, the shape I was going for with my first progression did not come across as clearly to the class as I would have liked and I personally found the changes in register distracting from the tension of the chords and decided to only vary that in my upcoming variations. Because of this, I did a lot of re-voicing and re-positioning. I worked on making my area of higher tension clearer and more contrasting while still keeping it connected....

No comments:

Post a Comment